Two's a team, Lego's a dream, build the tallest boat and win supreme!- The Metacentre Madness Challenge!
Are you ready for a true test of balance? In 'The Metacentre Madness Challenge,' you will be tasked with making a floating boat to keep its centre of gravity, or metacentre, in check. The slightest misstep can send your blocks tumbling into the water, so you'll need to be quick and steady to succeed. Can you handle the pressure and become a master of metacentre? Join us and find out!
Cash Prize worth Rs. 5k
- Each team must consist of 2 members.
- Participants must build a boat using the limited number of Lego Bricks.
- Teams will have a designated amount of time to build their boats.
- Boats will be tested for stability by placing them in the water for 3 minutes.
- Prize will be awarded to the winners selected based on the judging criteria.
- Height: This is the main criteria where height of the boat, measured from the bottom of the boat to the highest point, will be evaluated.
- Stability: The boat's stability will be evaluated based on its ability to remain upright and afloat for at least 3 minutes without sinking.
- Originality: The originality and creativity of the boat design will be evaluated. This will include factors such as the use of unique building techniques, unusual shapes, and imaginative details.
- Teams may not use any additional materials or tools beyond the Lego bricks provided.
- Teams must complete their boats within the 2-hour time limit.
- Teams must create their own designs and may not copy the designs of other contestants.
- The judging criteria include stability, originality, height, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Points will be awarded based on the judges' evaluation of each criterion.
- In the case of a tie, the team with the tallest boat will be declared the winner.