Is your robot good enough to be titled as the ROBO CR7?
Test your skills here.
The goal of this contest is to design a Soccer Playing Robot of any type e.g. Wheeled /Hexapod /Biped /Robotic arm on wheel, etc.
Teams will have to play a football match against another team.
Teams will be divided into pools details of which will be provided at the starting of event.
5 minutes of setup time will be provided to each team for pre-game setup and testing.
Each game will start with an obstacle race. Then the winning team will get to start the play.
In knockouts the first team to score 3 goals will win the match.
BOT SPECIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT TO NOTE :
- Each team is allowed to have one bot.
- The bot must fit into a cube of (30x30x30) cm at all times.
- The weight limit of the robot for this competition is 5-8 Kg.
- It may not expand at any time during the match beyond this size even for hitting the ball. Violating this clause will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The bots should be controlled manually only.
- Teams can use both on board and off board circuits for communication.
- The maximum potential difference between any two points on the bot should not exceed 24 volts.
- Each team will have to defend the goal on its side as well as score the goal on the opposite side.
- The ball can be either dragged or pushed by the team.
- Each goal scored by a team on the ground will fetch the team 1 point.
- Grabbing the ball is not allowed. So bots should not have any kind of grabbing mechanisms.
- The game will last for 5 minutes.
Number of day(s): 1
Venue: Science Block, NITPY
Date: 1 March, 2019
RULES AND REGULATIONS :
- Team may consist of maximum of 5 members. Students from different institutes may form a team.
- At the time of match only 2 members of the groups are allowed to be present near the ground.
- Ready-made kits are not allowed. However, ready-made gear assemblies and development boards may be used.
- Teams will have to report at least 15 minutes before the time slot allotted to them at the beginning of the event, failing to do so may result in disqualification.
- No last-minute repairs will be allowed in the arena. However, each team can take a time-out of 2 minutes once during a match.
- Bots would be checked for their safety before the match and may be discarded if found unsafe for other team or spectators.
- Organizers reserve the rights to change the rules at any point of time as they deem fit. The changes will however be highlighted on the website.
- Any kind of intentional damage caused to opponent team’s bot will be considered as foul. A free kick will be given to other team in case of fouls.
- If a team fails to adhere to size specifications will follow immediate disqualification.
Registration Cost: Rs. 249/per team